This Magento Commerce extension allows the site owner to create any custom shipping option that would show up in the "Shipping Method" portion of the one-page checkout (Magento's native checkout cart).
Currently the extension is preset to create a shipping method called "Use My Own Shipping Account" option. When the customer selects this option it will display 2 drop down selector boxes (select company and shipping service) and 2 text fields (all fully customizable by site owner).
Also this extension gives you the ability to charge a surcharge for this shipping option based on number of products or just per order. You can customize the shipping name and create/edit any shipping fields. You can also restrict this Shipping Method to specific customer groups.
Demo this extension:
Admin Controls To Setup:
1) System > Checkout Shipping Options
2) System > Config > Sales > Shipping Methods
Places test order via frontend:
View order backend:
- Sales > Orders > Click test order. Then you'll see the shipping method select along with customers info under Shipping & Handling Information.
- New field was added to salesOrderInfo API response. Field name: emjainteractive_shippingoption - Contain serialized list of selected shipping options.
- Fixed admin checkout bug, when credit card failed/declined form would lose Use My Own Shipping Account attribute inputs. Fixed so input doesn't get lost after failed checkout attempt.
- Updated Shipping Method / Shipping Carrier interface. Now you can create/customize/choose which methods go to which service. IE: You can have Freight show up for Fedex but not DHL, etc.
- Source code, back end updates for reliability.
- Full compatibility with Multiple Addresses Checkout
- Fixed issue with "Use My Own Shipping Account" not appearing for allowed customer user groups in Admin checkout
- Populates custom shipping options during checkout with previously used values (frontend + Admin Panel)
- Added custom shipping options to the order confirmation email
- Compatibility with PayPal Express
- New Feature: Ability to restrict "Use My Own Shipping Account" to a set of allowed customer groups. Customers belonging to other groups will not see "Use My Own Shipping Account" shipping method during checkout. For Magento Versions 1.7+ (up to 1.9.x).
- Minor performance enhancements.
- Fixed mapping error with adding unique input fields.
- Minor bug fixes
- Full compatibility with 1.9.x
- Strong validation for saving options. Remade front JS and strong validation on the backed
- Changed shipping method label, now it's "Use My Own Shipping Account (Fedex - 2 Days Shipping)" - data in the brackets generated based on user selection.
- Changed base code architecture - no rewrites used.
- Full compatibility with 1.8.x
- Full compatibility with 1.7.x
- Full compatibility with 1.6.x
- Full compatibility with 1.5.x
- Full compatibility with 1.4.x.
- Fields can now be mandatory.
- Ability to use "Use My Own Shipping Account" as shipping method when order created in admin.